Thursday, June 24, 2010

Blueberry Cardamom Ice Cream




I adapted this recipe from one I saw on Heather Pace's blog. She is so creative and I have loved every recipe of hers I tried. I lightened it up a bit and reduced the cardamom and it turned out perfect! It is simple and delicious, try it!

Ingredients:

1 cup cashews, soaked for 8 hrs. and drained
2 cups almond milk
1 cup blueberries
1/2 cup agave
1/4 cup melted coconut butter
2 tsp. cardamom
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. salt

Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth. Pour into ice cream maker and process according to manufacturers directions until desired consistency is reached. This recipe works best if the mixture is cold before adding it to the ice cream machine. This will be a regular around here this summer : )

Enjoy!

Nicole

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nom! Nom!...mmmm!

Jess said...

I tried a vegan cake/ bread recipe on Father's Day that had Cardamom in it. I hadn't used cardamom before. It certainly had kick but was very yummy and the end product tasted a bit like a very sweet zuchini bread. It was really good!

That ice cream looks really good! I may have to try it.