Saturday, February 27, 2010

Raw Coleslaw


I got this recipe from my local co-op. It is the BEST raw coleslaw I've had. I think the addition of the dill is really what makes this recipe pop!

Ingredients:

1/2 pound green cabbage, sliced thin
1/2 pound red cabbage, sliced thin
1-1/4 cups carrots, grated
1/2 bunch green onions, sliced (I don't use these)

3/4 cup sunflower seeds, soaked for an hour and drained
4 Tbs. olive oil
1 Tbsp. nama shoyu (raw soy sauce)
2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup water
2 Tbsp. fresh dill, minced
1/2 Tbsp. minced garlic
1 tsp. fresh oregano, minced
1 teaspoon lemon juice

Place cabbage, carrots, and green onion in a large bowl. Place the rest of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour over vegetables and mix well. Yep, it's that easy! :)


Click HERE for a printable version. 

No comments: