Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sunflower Seed Dip


I feel like I digest sunflower seeds a bit easier than nuts so I made this dip for that reason. It is a very modified recipe from "Vegan World Fusion Cuisine".

Ingredients

1 cup sunflower seeds, soaked for 8 hrs. and drained
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup water ( I used the tomato soak water)
1 Tbsp. Nama Shoyu or Bragg's Liquid Aminos
2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
1 clove of garlic, minced
1/2 to 1 tsp. sea salt
black pepper to taste


3/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, soaked in warm water for 20 minutes, chopped
1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
1 Tbsp. Italian parsley, minced
1 Tbsp. olives, thinly sliced, optional
1 Tbsp, green onion, diced, optional

Preparation

1. Place sunflower seeds, lemon juice, soak water, Shoyu, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper in food processor and process until smooth.

2. Place mixture in a large bowl and mix in remaining ingredients. Allow to sit for a few hours before serving so flavors can combine.

I like to eat this as a dip with my Raw Flax Crackers or in a salad. It is so flavorful! Enjoy!

Nicole

No comments: