Monday, April 26, 2010

Sweet and Spicy Chipotle Pistachios

Okay, so here's the deal, I was going to take a picture of these little beauties but I forgot and then I ate them all. What a putz! Anyway, I did write the recipe down so I could share it with you. I will take a picture of the next batch because trust me, there will be one : )

Ingredients

2 cups pistachios, soaked for 8 hrs. then drained and dehydrated @ 105 degrees for 2 hrs.

1 tsp. salt
1tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. chipotle chili powder
1/2 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 Tbsp. Bragg's Amino Acids or Nama Shoyu

Preperation

Prepare pistachios as directed.

Stir together remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Add pistachios to bowl and stir to coat evenly. Put mixture on a teflex sheet and place in the dehydrator for 12 hrs. Remove teflex sheet and place nuts on the mesh sheet. Dehydrate for another 12-24 hrs. until crisp. Enjoy! Oh, don't eat them all before you take a picture ; )

Nicole

1 comment:

Jess said...

Pistachios and I have a love/hate relationship. I love them so much and hate that I can NEVER stop eating them. Sounds yummy. Danny would LOVE it!