Saturday, May 1, 2010

Brad's Raw Chips: A Review

I was so excited when my friend Kathy gave Brad's Raw Chips my info so I could try their product. They contacted me and offered me two bags of their fabulous Raw Chips. Well, I got them in the mail Friday and one whole bag was gone by Saturday! What a  great product!

I often make Raw chips and crackers at home but the type I make usually have a higher fat contact. My favorite thing about Brad's Raw Chips is that they are lower in fat and higher in fiber than a lot of the chips or crackers I've tried. They also have a decent amount of protein which is an added bonus!

The first bag I popped open was the Red Bell Pepper flavor. These were great on their own and with Raw hummus. They were not spicy at all so for those of you that are looking for a low fat, high fiber,  nutritious snack, this is it!

(Note the empty bag. I didn't even get a picture of the bag before I ate them all : )




 Love it!


The second bag was the Hot Kale flavor. These puppies are spicy! I easily rectified this by eating them with a little fresh guacamole. Who needs conventional tortilla chips and guacamole when you have these nutritionally dense little gems?! Not me! These are great for when you need a crunchy, spicy snack.





 Spicy, yum!


Thanks to Brad for letting me try these fantastic chips! I love trying new products, especially when they taste as good as these do : )

Go check out Brad's site. You can tell he really loves what he's doing and it shows in the quality of the product he has created. Now go get some!

Nicole

5 comments:

Nicole Marie said...

The red bell pepper ones look super tasty! I have never had anything "raw" before..at least I don't think lol. May have to find these and try them for myself.

Just popping over from bookieboo.com

TheFitnessFreak said...

Thanks for reading Nicole! Let me know how you like them : )

Anonymous said...

I just love them they have so many flavors I could get my hands on their beet,kale and red bellpepper only.Raw...some!!!!
I just wanted to check if ur a costco member,i see ur icecream maker,I just got one yest and u get a free bowl for cheaper,even if ur not see if a friend is a member that way u get a extra bowl and cheaper too,I loved ur oatmeal cookies too...do u have nut free recipe? My son has allergies so trying to get a macasroon recipe without nuts to dehydrate..
Love ur blog,
sharanya

TheFitnessFreak said...

Thanks Sharanya! I do have a Costco membership, yeah!

As for the macaroons, yes, you could easily make them without the nuts. You may have to add just a bit more coconut and coconut oil for the right consistency. You want it to be like firm cookie dough.

The Oat Energy Bites could be made with a seed butter instead of the almond butter. I know Trader Joe's has a sunflower seed butter. Let me know how it turns out : )

Nicole

hbobier said...

The Sun Dried Tomato chips look phenomenal. And just look at the texture...nom.