Saturday, February 27, 2010

Raw Tacos with Cashew Cheese


Taco "Meat" Ingredients

1-1/2 cups raw walnuts, finely ground in the food processor
1-1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1-1/2 tsp. chili powder
3/4 tsp. ground coriander
2 Tbsp. Nama Shoyu (raw soy sauce)

Combine the walnuts, cumin, chili powder and corinader and mix well. Drizzle Nama Shoyu over all and mix well again. It's just that easy :)

Creamy Cashew Cheese Ingredients:


1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup Nama Shoyu
1/4 red bell pepper, chopped
2 to 3 cloves garlic, peeled
1-1/4 cups raw cashews, macadamia nuts, pine nuts or a combination

Combine all ingredients in a high-speed blender until it's creamy and smooth. Yum!



I had some onion bread made so I spread the cheese on then topped it with the walnut mixture, salsa, lettuce and cilantro. It was SO yummy!! You could easily just put the mixture onto a collard leaf, lettuce leaf or your favorite Raw base. Enjoy!


This recipe is originally from Rawvolution by Matt Amsden. It is a fabulous book full of doable, gourmet and living cuisine. It's a must-have for sure!






Click HERE for a printable version.


Nicole

2 comments:

Averie @ Averie Cooks said...

Hi Nicole, this is perfect...I LOVE this new format!!!!!! What a great way to keep all the recipes together, keep posting and just have it be all under one roof.

Are you going to keep up w/ Fitness Freak, too?

Sorry my comments are a little more sporadic...I am trying to take a page from your book and scale back a bit..I am always reading, but you know, life as a mom, wife, worker, and everything we do...it all just takes time and I am trying to unplug more these days too :) Not sure how well it's working, but hey, I'm a tryin' :)

I hope youre having a beautfiul weekend sweetie!!!
xoxo

TheFitnessFreak said...

Hey Averie!

Oh, Fitness Freak will still be my #1! This is just a place for my Raw recipes to be easy to browse. I'm glad you like it : )

I hope you have a wonderfully relaxing weekend!

Nicole